Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 6

January 14, 2013

Today there are some frustrations.

In following (and typing) the code from the book, several errors occurred. I ended up deleting my project and downloading the book's source code from the site. After unzipping it and importing the project I'm working on, I was able to run her code.

There seems to be some steps missing, or assumptions made by the author, in what is needed to make the code work. The code from the Wrox site had many more lines in it that the book just doesn't discuss. I'm not sure if this is stuff I'm supposed to know or not.

I've always found it easier to learn by retyping code myself and making my own mistakes. I'm afraid this time, I'm going to have to download her code and try and learn from it.

Hopefully I'll be able to do this.

We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment