Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 4

January 12, 2013 (happy birthday, Howard)

No development today.

I spent my time today reading the introductory chapter of the book and thinking about what application I want to develop. To be honest, when I got to the part of the book that discusses how to name a package I became side-tracked. The author said that she names packages using her domain name (i.e. net.<domainname>.<appname>). This put me on a track of coming up with my own domain name, registering it (and renewing a few others I have that were about to expire) and consolidating domain names I have to one registrar. I gotta stop being so easily distracted.

Back to the matter at hand...

I came up with a few ideas for an app:
  • Softphone
  • Weather widget for the lock screen
  • Weather & clock widget for the daydream mode
The latter two are things I've looked for in the Play store and don't see many options. So why not try myself. The first one above sounds challenging. Since I work for a VOIP company, it's something I can certainly make use of. I've purchased one for my iPhone so I'll try and copy the features and functions from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment